PART TWO: Answer as specifically as possible each of the following questions about the patriarchal period of biblical history:
1. Why does Abram leave behind any connections with the Ur of the Chaldeans?
2. At one point in the narrative, Hagar mocks Sarai. Why?
3. Abraham’s supreme test of faith occurs during what has been called “the binding of Isaac”. Why doesn’t Isaac die during this testing?
4. The importance of circumcision to the history of Judaism can’t be overstated. What is its relation to the covenant that God establishes with his Chosen People?
5. God communicates with Abram/Abraham in a variety of ways, including dreams, visions, dialogue, inner impression, and natural phenomena. Give an example from the text of one of these.